TERMS & CONDITIONS.
By entering the Event Photography Awards,
you agree to the Terms & Conditions below:
The Event Photography Awards support and protect the image rights of photographers.
1.1 By entering the Event Photography Awards (‘the Competition’) You hereby accept the following Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
1.2 The Competition carries a £20 entry fee for a set of up to 5 photos. There is a 50% discount for entries submitted during January 2023.
1.3 The Competition is open to all members of the public over the age of 18 on or by the closing date for entries.
1.4 Images must be taken during the calendar years of 2022. Any images entered into the EPA 2023 competition that were taken during 2023 will be transferred into the EPA 2024 competition without charge.
1.5 Entries can be submitted from any country other than Russia and Belarus.
1.6 Entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm (GMT) on 14th March 2023.
1.7 No image which has won the title of Overall Winner of another photographic competition can be entered.
2. To enter, You must follow the entry process on the Event Photography Awards website, following the on-screen instructions carefully.
2.1 Entries should be allocated to an appropriate Category, as per the outline information on each Category’s scope which can be found on the Website. Entrants can, however, enter a shot more than once so it is judged in more than one Category.
2.2 EPAO reserve the right to transfer or duplicate entries into an alternative Category from the one it was entered into.
2.3 Each entrant can submit as many images as desired. The images entered can be entered in different categories or all images can be entered into a single category.
2.4 Images should be no smaller than 800KB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be either JPEG or TIFF files. All entrants must be able to supply a high-resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
2.5 Entries that are found not to comply with the Rules and/or Terms and Conditions will be disqualified without discussion and without refund or compensation.
2.6 Once entered, images cannot be withdrawn unless the EPAO are notified that there is a permissions issue, in which case the images will be withdrawn on the request of the copyright holder/entrant but no refund will be payable.
3.1 Entries will be judged in March and April 2023, while the Peoples’ Choice Award will be judged at the Awards Event by attendees. Judging may also involve an online poll or ratings process.
3.2 A long list of photographs in each category will be selected by the EPAO and assessed by the panel of judges and EPAO. Thereafter, shortlists in each category will be announced prior to the Awards Event. Category and overall winners will be announced during the event.
3.3 All shortlisted entrants will be notified by email and will receive a single complimentary ticket to the Awards Event. Additional tickets to the Awards Event need to be purchased.
3.4 The decision of the judges and EPAO is final and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any of their decisions.
3.5 Should there be a Category in which there has not been an entry of sufficient quality to warrant winning, then EPAO reserve the right not to award a winning entry in that Category.
4.1 EPAO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the Website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1.1 You are the sole owner and author of each Entry.
4.1.2 You have the right to make Your entry available to the Competition.
4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about You or any other person(s).
4.1.4 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
4.1.5 Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
4.1.6 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and Your Entry does not include:
126.96.36.199 Trademarks owned by third parties.
188.8.131.52 Copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions).
4.1.7 Entries containing screen credits.
4.1.8 No animals were harmed or manipulated in the making of the image.
4.2 You agree to fully indemnify EPAO in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
4.3 You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
5 You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
6 EPAs may run an online rating process whereby members of the public may vote for a favourite photograph. If there is sufficient evidence (in EPAO sole discretion) to suggest malpractice and manipulation of the rating process, then EPAO has the right to remove the relevant Entry or Entries and, if necessary, award the prize to a different contestant. EPAO decisions are final.
7.1 EPAO recognises you, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
7.2 All entrants understand that any image submitted to the Competition may be used by EPAO, the Competition Sponsors, Supporters and Event Partners for marketing and promotional purposes of You the author and the Competition. You hereby grant EPAO, the Competition Sponsors, Supporters and Event Partners a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and the Competition, including, but not limited to:
(a) judging the Competition
(b) displaying the shortlisted entries at the awards event and any public exhibitions promoting the Competition and organised by EPAO
(c) inclusion within the Website, a Photography Awards book, magazine, poster, postcard, calendar or similar
(d) inclusion within any materials promoting the Competition and/or any exhibition organised by EPAO, in the promotion of the Competition
(e) inclusion on Competition and exhibition-related products to be sold by the EPAO or any third party following the individual agreement by the author
(f) sub-licensing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition
(g) allowing viewers of the Website and/or EPA Application to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only. Please also refer to clause 9.
(h) incorporation by EPAO, EPA Sponsors, Supporters and Event Partners in EPA Galleries and or EPA Gallery Applications on Event Partner devices. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You hereby acknowledge and agree if Your image is included in such EPA Galleries or EPA Gallery Applications Your image will remain perpetually in the device royalty-free.
7.3 All entrants understand that information related to any images entered into the Competition, including but not limited to their name, the image title and description, may be shared with the Competition Sponsors, Supporter and Event Partners and the media as per clause 7.1, 7.2, 7.4 and 8.
7.4 You hereby grant the Competition Sponsors, Supporter and Event Partners a non-exclusive editorial and online licence in each entry for non-commercial marketing activity. You may also be contacted directly should they wish to licence your imagery for commercial purposes.
7.5 The license granted in 7.4 is limited to the duration of Sponsors’, Supporters' and Event Partners’ support of the Competition. In this case, support will be defined and confirmed by EPAO, while the duration is defined by and relates to each annual edition of the Competition and concludes at the end of each calendar year (31st December) that support has been confirmed. If, however, a Sponsor, Supporter or Event Partner, having let it lapse, renews its support of the Competition to the satisfaction of EPAO, the license can be reinstated.
8. Any photograph used by EPAO, the Competition Sponsors, Supporters and Event Partners shall carry a credit line and/or be credited editorially. Any failure to provide such credit shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as reasonable endeavours are used to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
9. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility for protecting any Entry against image misuse by any third party, for example, but not limited to the insertion of a watermark. EPAO and its Sponsors and Event Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
10. EPAO assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, and EPAO assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. EPAO assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Entries. EPAO is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to EPAO on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failures, EPAO assumes no responsibility.
11. In no event will EPAO, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, Sponsors, Supporters, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.