TERMS & CONDITIONS.
By entering the Event Photography Awards,
you agree to the Terms & Conditions below:
The Event Photography Awards support and protect the image rights of photographers.
1.1 By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
1.2.1 The Competition carries a £10 entry fee per 5 photos
1.2.2 The Open Competition is open to all members of the public.
1.3 Entries must be submitted by 11:59pm (GMT) on 3rd March 2019.
2. To enter, You must upload Your image via and following the on-screen instructions carefully.
2.1 Images must be taken in 2018 and entries should be based on the Categories outlined, information on which can be found on the Website.
2.2 Images should be no smaller than 800KB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be either JPEG or TIFF files. All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
3.1 Entries will be judged in March 2019.
3.2 A shortlist of 5 photographers from each category will be selected and announced prior to the Awards Ceremony and the overall winners will be announced during the Ceremony in May 2019.
3.3 The individual category winners and the overall winners of the Event Photography Awards 2019, will be voted for by the judging panel. All shortlisted entrants will be notified by email and will receive two tickets each to the Awards Ceremony in London, May 2019.
3.4 The decision of the Event Photography Awards judges is final and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
3.5 Each entrant can submit as many images as desired. The images entered can be entered in different categories or all images can be entered into a single category. Judging will be based on the single image and not the series of images.
4.1 EPAs reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the Website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1.1 You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
4.1.2 You have the right to make Your entry available to the Competition
4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about You or any other person(s)
4.1.4 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
4.1.5 Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
4.1.6 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and Your Entry does not include:
126.96.36.199 trademarks owned by third parties
188.8.131.52 copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions)
4.1.7 Entries containing screen credits
4.1.8 No animals were harmed or manipulated in the making of the image
4.2 You agree to fully indemnify EPAs in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
4.3 You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
5.1 If you are under 16, you have Your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the Competition.
5.2 If EPAs does not receive a valid signed parental or legal guardian consent form for any winner under the age of 16 within 7 clear days of the contestant being declared a winner (excluding the day on which such declaration is made by EPAs) EPAs will be entitled to select an alternative winner from among the contestants.
6 EPAs may run an online rating process whereby members of the public may vote for a favourite photograph. If there is sufficient evidence (in EPA’s sole discretion) to suggest malpractice and manipulation of the rating process, then EPAs has the right to remove the relevant Entry or Entries and, if necessary, award the prize to a different contestant. EPA’s decisions are final.
7.1 EPAs recognises you, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
7.2 All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by EPA, and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of You the author and the event only, for a maximum of three years after the awards ceremony in May 2019. You hereby grant EPA’s a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and the EPA event and/or competition, including, but not limited to: entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by EPA, and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of the event only, for a maximum of three years after the awards ceremony date in May 2019. You hereby grant EPA a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of the EPA’s event and/or competition, including, but not limited to:
(a) judging the Competition
(b) displaying the winning entries and runners up at public exhibitions promoting EPA’s and organised by EPAO’s
(c) inclusion within the Website, a Photography Awards book, magazine or similar
(d) inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organised by EPA, in the promotion of the EPA
(e) inclusion on Competition- and exhibition-related products to be sold by the EPAs or any third party following the individual agreement by the author
(f) sub-licencing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition
(g) allowing viewers of the Website and/or EPA Application to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only. Please also refer to clause 9.
(h) incorporation by EPA and EPA Event Partners in EPA Galleries and or EPA Gallery Applications on Event Partner devices for a period of three (3) years after the applicable award ceremony date. Not withstanding the foregoing, You hereby acknowledge and agree if Your image is included in such EPA Galleries or EPA Gallery Applications Your image will remain perpetually in the device royalty free
7.3 All entrants understand that the image information, including image name and description, may be shared with Event partners and media as per clause 7.1, 7.2 and 8. For the avoidance of doubt the “image information” does not include any personal information of You the author.
8. Any photograph used by EPAs shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as EPAs uses its reasonable endeavours to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
9. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility for protecting any Entry against image misuse by any third party, for example, but not limited to the insertion of a watermark. EPAs and its Event Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
10. EPAs assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, and EPAs assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. EPAs assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Entries. EPAs is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to EPAs on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failures, EPAs assumes no responsibility.
11. In no event will EPAs, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
12. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
13. All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in media and an exhibition should the image be required.
14. Winners will be announced online following the awards